CAPE PARTY – FREE THE CAPE
As the Cape Party has recognised that it is the failing government SYSTEM THAT HAS TO CHANGE, it is pursuing Cape independence to imitate the Swiss Direct Democracy model and the economic model of Singapore in the Cape Republic. A great number of charters supporting the right to self-determination can be found in many sources. Not only is Cape independence legally secured by the South African Constitution, but also by the African Union, The United Nations and International Law. Political power will be removed from politicians and devolved to its root: the voter/ taxpayer/ citizen. Thus highly paid politicians and corruption will be eliminated.
In a Direct Democracy canton system:
• 65% of the budget will be allocated to Local Government (canton/ municipality) level
• 30% to provincial level
• ONLY 5% will be allocated to the national Cape government (currently it is the other way round even if the DA should come to power). The Cape Province is roughly the size of France, has a GDP of over R200 billion, and in virtually all measures, performs better than any province in South Africa. An independent Cape Republic is far more economically viable than the Republic of South Africa. Of the R200 billion Western Cape sends to the national treasury, only R50 billion is returned. R150 billion remains in the national sphere of government, which is controlled by the ANC. (For every R100 of taxes we pay, we receive only about R25 of benefits). We are being financially bled dry.
So, in an independent Cape Republic:
We could cut taxes in half … and still double services, like: Crime prevention, security and strong borders; education; health services; housing; job creation; roads and infrastructure; energy and water management.
Cape Party strongly advocates:
• Large-scale upliftment and prosperity of all the Cape and its people
• Ending illegal immigration
• Media and Internet freedom
• Support of entrepreneurship, fair and open trading
• Private ownership of property
• Promotion and protection of the history, cultures, and languages of the Cape
• Equal opportunity for all citizens, and bringing about an end to all racial legislation (BEE) and quotas.
The Cape Republic will be a land where efficient and accountable governance and a system of checks and balances will ensure that services of the highest standard are delivered, and where our diverse people are valued not for their skin colour, but for their effort and their ethics.
See the Manifesto for full information on www.capeparty.com
The answer to frequently stated wrong perceptions that…
“THE ANC WILL NOT ALLOW US TO BREAK AWAY”
The ANC, and all the other anti-white parties which includes the DA, find themselves in a bit of a catch 22 situation here.
For the past 25 years, they have been advocating that whites have been and still are, the cause of all the problems in SA. How will they now be able to take a totally contradictory stance and say “No, we won’t let you troublemakers go”?
They have been saying we are unwelcome for 25 years, they even gone so far as to promulgate laws against us to protect themselves against us; to now refuse our departure will destroy any credibility that they may have left.
You cannot argue for 25 years that you have been a bad partner and then refuse to terminate the partnership: the international community will totally reject the argument.
The above is only a side issue – the real issue is:
THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE!
This is how a democracy works:
If 51% of the people say we want to be free from the failed, racist, communist, one-man ANC state then nobody can stop it, not even the ANC.
Consequently, whether the ANC will allow succession or not is irrelevant. The only relevant issue is that 51% of the people of the Cape MUST MAKE THE CHOICE that they want to live in peace and prosperity THEN IT WILL BE SO.
It’s simply a matter of choice!
Section 235 of our Constitution: Act 108 of 1996 acknowledges the right of cultural groups to self-determination.
The African Charter on Human and Peoples Rights chapter 20 states that: ‘All peoples shall have the right to existence. They shall have the unquestionable and inalienable right to self-determination.
That they shall freely determine their political status and shall pursue their economic and social development according to the policy they have freely chosen’.
The principle of self-determination is prominently embodied in Article I of the Charter of the United Nations … ‘All peoples have the right to self-determination. By virtue of that right, they freely determine their political status and freely pursue their economic, social and cultural development.
We have International Law and our own Law on our side.
We have the history of the Cape Colony that was an independent state until 1910 on our side.
We have the geography of the Cape colony on our side.
We all share the same common language, culture, history and political ideology which have proven itself to be irreconcilable with the ideology of the 65% ANC voters from outside the Cape Province.
How long do you still want to burden yourself with the destructive policies of the ANC?
Make the choice and you will be free….!
JOIN Cape Party – Western Cape Independence Facebook Page
JOIN the Cape Party and to vote for an Independent Western Cape.